Signature Lebanese Lemonade
- 4 large lemons.
- 1 cup of sugar.
- 1 L of chilled water.
- 2 tablespoons of orange blossom water (30 ml).
- Rinse lemons very well, slice them into large quarter pieces (keep their skin). Place them in large bowl.
- Add sugar over the lemons, wear cooking gloves and squeeze very well all the juice out of the lemons. Scrub the lemons with the sugar and mix very well using hands to dissolve sugar to the maximum.
- Once all juice and lemon pulps are squeezed out, remove the yellow lemon skins and place them in a new large bowl. Add water over the lemon peels and let soak for a few minutes.
- Meanwhile, use a strainer and drain the lemon juice and sugar mixture into the final drinking jug (to remove any lemon seeds or residues).
- Then drain over them the water (from the lemon / water bowl).
- Add orange blossom water and stir.
- Fill glasses with ice before serving.
- Tip1: Do not put ice cubes inside the jug directly as they will alternate the final taste once melting.
- Tip2: The technique of scrubbing and squeezing lemons with sugar instead of juicing them allows to bring out all of the aromas found in lemon skins!