Chickpea Salad with Apple Vinegar Dressing
- 150g of chickpeas by “Terroirs du Liban”.
- A dozen cherry tomatoes cut in half.
- 2 small diced onions.
- Handful of chopped fresh mint leaves.
- 100g of feta cheese.
- 50 ml of extra virgin olive oil by “Terroirs du Liban”.
- 50 ml of apple vinegar by “Terroirs du Liban”.
- 50 ml of lemon juice.
- Salt and pepper.
- To cook the chickpeas: Soak 150g of dried chickpeas in water overnight (in triple their volume of water as they expand in size).
- Drain them the next day, rinse them with water and drain them again, bring them to a boil then bring down to a simmer for approximately 2 hours (add a little salt to the water); turn off heat once cooked and drain them.
- Note: 150g of dried chickpeas will yield around 330g of cooked chickpeas, the quantity needed for the salad.
- Place chickpeas, tomatoes, onions and mint in salad bowl. Crumble the feta cheese and toss over the salad ingredients.
- Mix the dressing ingredients: extra virgin olive oil, apple vinegar, lemon juice, salt and pepper. Pour over the salad and mix.
- This salad tastes great when prepared an hour ahead of serving.
- Tip: cooked chickpeas can be kept in the freezer for up to a year but must be completely drained from water.