Freekeh With Tomato Sauce
- 2 cups of freekeh
- 4 cups of water
- 3 medium-sized onions
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt
- 2 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of mild pepper
- 4 tomatoes, well ripe (peeled and diced into small cubes)
- Rinse freekeh and soak it in cold water for 2 hour. Drain.
- In a pot, heat olive oil and stir 1 diced onion. Then add freekeh and 4 cups of water; let boil for about 1h.
- In another pot, heat some olive oil and stir the remaining thinly diced onions and garlic cloves. Add tomatoes, tomato paste and pepper.
- Let boil until sauce becomes smooth.
- Serve freekeh covered with sauce and sprinkled dried mint. Enjoy it hot.