Freekeh with Tomato & Cumin
- 2 cups of freekeh
- 3 cups of water
- 2 onions medium-sized
- 2 cloves of garlic
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 2 teaspoons of sea salt with herbs
- 3 tablespoons of tomato paste
- 2 teaspoons of ground cumin
- 2 ripe & medium-sized tomatoes
- Rinse freekeh and soak it in cold water for 10 to 15 minutes in cold water. Meanwhile, chop onions and garlic thinly. Drain freekeh.
- Fry onion and garlic in olive oil with 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Add freekeh, then add 3 cups of water, mashed tomatoes, tomato paste and cumin.
- Boil for 45 minutes, until all sauce is absorbed.
- At the end, add the remaining sea salt teaspoon and some chili to taste.