Freekeh with Meat
- 2 cups of freekeh
- 3 cups of boiling water
- 1 big diced onion
- ½ kg of veal meat chunks
- 2 tablespoons of virgin olive oil
- 2 cardamom pods
- 1 laurel leaf
- 2 cloves
- 1 tablespoon of sea salt
- 1 tablespoon of ground pepper
- 1 teaspoon of ground cinnamon
- 200 g of dried fruits (almonds, pine nuts, pistachios)
- Rinse freekeh and soak in water for 15 minutes.
- On high temperature, heat meat in oil, 2 minutes on each side.
- Add onion, spices, herbs, pods then boiling water. Let it cook for 20 minutes after the first whistle of the pressure cooker (until meat is very tender).
- Remove meat then cook drained freekeh in the meat stock; stock must cover all of the freekeh. After the first whistle, continue to cook on low heat for 10 minutes.
- Serve covered with meat and grilled dried fruits.