Hummus - Chickpeas Dip
- 250g chickpeas « Terroirs du Liban ».
- 2 to 3 tablespoons of sesame paste « tahini ».
- 2 to 3 garlic cloves, minced.
- Juice of 1 squeezed lemon (or more according to taste).
- Soak chickpeas overnight in a large bowl to facilitate their cooking the next day.
- Place chickpeas in a pressure cooker and cook them in twice their volume of water with a pinch of salt (45 minutes approximately).
- Once cooked, drain chickpeas and mix while still hot in the blender.
- Add garlic, tahini, lemon juice and a pinch of salt (taste as you mix gradually all ingredients together). Stir manually until paste is smooth.
- Garnish with some olive oil and a few whole chickpeas and/or decorate with parsley or mint leaves for more color.
- Serve at room temperature or cold as a starter dip or as side dish.