Lentil Salad with Pomegranate Molasses
- 1 cup of “Terroirs du Liban” whole lentils.
- 1 yellow bell pepper.
- 1 red bell pepper.
- 2 cloves of garlic.
- 1 onion.
- 3 tablespoons of olive oil (for pan frying).
- zest of 1 lemon.
- Juice of ¼ of a lemon.
- 2 tablespoons of “Terroirs du Liban” pomegranate molasses.
- 5 tablespoons of olive oil (for dressing).
- Rinse lentils and drain. Place them in saucepan with double their volume of water and a pinch of salt. Boil for about 30 minutes until cooked. Drain them and put aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, mince garlic, dice onion and bell peppers. Heat olive oil in a sautéed pan on medium heat, add garlic, bell peppers and onion and stir for 6 to 7 minutes.
- Turn off heat once onion becomes translucent and bell peppers become more or less tender.
- Add lentil over the onion mixture and lemon zest then stir all together.
- In a salad bowl, whisk dressing ingredients: pomegranate molasses, olive oil, lemon juice and salt. If too sour, add a little more salt to adjust the taste.
- Transfer lentil salad over the dressing and mix gently.
- Decorate with fresh bell peppers on the sides, serve cold or at room temperature.