- 1 cup of red lentils by “Terroirs du Liban”.
- 2 ½ cups of water room temperature.
- 4 tablespoons of white rice.
- 4 tablespoons of vegetable oil.
- 1 teaspoon of salt.
- ½ teaspoon of ground cumin.
- Rinse red lentils and rice and drain them.
- Place all ingredients (lentils, water, rice, oil, salt and cumin) in a medium pot over high heat and bring to a boil.
- Then lower heat and close lid until lentils are cooked (about 20 minutes).
- Turn off heat and mix the soup using a hand mixer. If too thick, add a little water and mix again with spoon. Taste to adjust the seasoning.
- Serve hot with some freshly squeezed lemon juice (optional) and toast bread.