Galette des Rois (King Cake) with Orange Blossom Water
- 120g crystal sugar.
- 120g softened butter at room temperature.
- 2 whole eggs.
- 1 tablespoon of vanilla liquid (optional).
- 200g almond powder.
- 2 tablespoons of "Terroirs du Liban" orange blossom water.
- 1 lucky charm or a coin (washed and dried).
- 1 egg yolk (for browning).
- 2 pieces of round-shaped puff pastry.
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees. Using a whisk or by hand, place the sugar and softened butter in a bowl and mix well; then add eggs, vanilla, almond powder and orange blossom water and mix well.
- Place 1 piece of puff pastry on parchment paper and pour the almond mixture in the middle while reserving the edges.Place the lucky charm.
- Gently place the upper piece of pastry while pressing the edges together with fingers or using a fork.
- With a knife, decorate the pastry without piercing through the dough.
- Paint the galette with egg yolk using a pastry brush.
- Bake in oven for 40 minutes.