Akkoub, Freekeh & Chickpeas Salad
- 600 g of Akkoub (Gundelia tournefortii)
- 250 g of cooked Freekeh
- 100 g of cooked chickpeas
- 6 whole garlic cloves (peeled but not cut)
- 2 medium and diced onions
- Virgin olive oil
- White pepper
- Sea salt with herbs
- Juice of 2 lemons
- Rinse freekeh and soak in cold water for 2h. Drain it.
- Rinse chickpeas and soak in cold water for 2h. Drain and peel.
- Boil freekeh during 30 minutes in water (mixed with 1 tsp. of sea salt with herbs and 2 Tbsps. of virgin olive oil), then add the chickpeas and boil for 15 more minutes.
- Drain the akkoub and cut each branch into 2 pieces. Heat some olive oil in a deep pan. Sauté the onion slices and the garlic cloves.
- Add the Akkoub and sauté for 5 minutes. Season with pepper and salt to taste.
- Mix the Akkoub with cooked freekeh and chickpeas, add lemon juice, olive oil, salt and white pepper.
- Serve at room temperature.