Tahini and Chocolate Cookies
- 120 g of salted butter at room temperature
- 100 g of brown sugar
- 80 g of muscovado powdered sugar (or white sugar)
- 1 egg
- 180 g of T65 flour
- 1 tsp of baking powder
- 100 g of milk chocolate chips or chunks
- 50 g of dark chocolate chips or chunks
- Sesame seeds
- 50g of white chocolate squares
- Baking paper
- In a bowl, whisk butter, sugars and tahini.
- Add egg and mix well.
- Add the flour and baking powder; mix to obtain a homogeneous dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips (milk and dark).
- Using a spoon (ice cream or salad type), shape 12 balls into large cookies of about 70 g.
- Roll them in sesame seeds and press a few squares of milk chocolate on the surface, then cover them with film.
- Keep the wrapped balls in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours, ideally overnight (avoid cooking them immediately).
- Preheat oven to 200 ° C. Place dough balls in distant rows on a baking tray lined with baking paper.
- Place in the oven and immediately lower temperature to 180 ° C.
- Bake them for about 15 minutes, or until edges are cooked through and centers are still slightly soft.
- Let cool and enjoy!
- Recipe by: Lucie Venet; Photography: Joël Dodeman