Carrot Cake with Carob Molasses
- 200g of grated carrots
- 90g of brown sugar
- 80g of carob molasses Terroirs du Liban
- 180ml of vegetable oil (sunflower or canola)
- 3 eggs
- 50g of dried raisins
- 50g of dates or figs in syrup Terroirs du Liban
- 70g of hazelnuts
- 180g of flour
- 1 tsp of baking soda
- 1 tsp of cinnamon powder
- ½ tsp of 4 spices
- Preheat the oven to 180°C.
- Peel the carrots, wash them and grate them. Cut the fruits in syrup into small pieces and crush the hazelnuts.
- Place sugar and carob molasses in a bowl, add the eggs, oil and mix. Then add the carrots, the raisins, the cut fruits in syrup, hazelnuts and mix again.
- In another bowl, sift into it the flour, baking powder, baking soda and spices. Mix well with a fork until there are no lumps.
- Pour this mixture over the carrot mixture and, stir gently with a wooden spoon.
- Pour the dough into the cake mold (buttered and floured) and bake for 40 to 45 minutes. To check on it, insert a knife into middle, it should come out dry.
- Unmold and let cool.
- For the icing: in a salad bowl, mix the cream cheese, mascarpone, sugar and orange blossom water.
- Beat for a few minutes with a whisk. Wait for the cake to cool completely before frosting it.
- Spread a part on top and keep another part in a bowl to offer it when serving!
- Recipe by: Lucie Venet; Photography: Joël Dodeman